Now in its sixth year, BAFT’s Future Leaders program, recognizing upcoming talent in the global transaction banking industry, announces the Class of 2021.
WASHINGTON — BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, announced today its Future Leaders Program Class of 2021. Now in its sixth year, the program recognizes upcoming talent in the global transaction banking industry.
Nominated by their respective institutions, the class of 2021 includes 36 individuals from 21 countries across six continents representing a variety of disciplines within transaction banking. Arguably the most geographically diverse slate in the history of the program, there are nine member institutions participating for the first time and two new countries, Bahrain and Zambia, represented in the Class of 2021.
This year’s group will be divided into five project teams to address current industry issues including transaction banking post COVID-19, commodity trade finance, sustainable finance, faster payments, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
“I have been fortunate enough to participate in some form in the Future Leaders program since its inception,” said Stephanie Wolf, managing director and head of global financial institutions, governments and business banking, global transaction services, Bank of America and a class of 2021 BAFT Future Leader sponsor. “I can think of no better way to improve industry thought leadership than to let more junior members of our teams propose solutions to the industry’s most pressing problems and opportunities.”
The class of 2021 will start their program virtually in January 2021 and will conclude at BAFT’s 2021 Virtual Global Annual Meeting in June 2021. Several future leader council members will support the current class as mentors, joining BAFT board members who will again serve as project sponsors.
“We’re excited to have the largest and most geographically diverse Future Leaders class since the inception of the program,” said Tod Burwell, president and CEO, BAFT. “During this time when everyone is more isolated due to the pandemic, we hope that the virtual engagement on the projects will allow for a fresh level of interaction that is enriching to the participants.”
BAFT congratulates the following individuals who were selected to this year’s program:
- Hanan Hassan Moalim Ali, International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation
- Yasseen Alsharif, Arab Bank
- Hanna G. Atallah, Housing Bank for Trade and Finance
- Linda Bader, Wintrust Financial Corporation
- Boris Bajic, Danske Bank
- Thomas Banks, Lloyds Banking Group
- Ahmed Bayoumi, Export Development Bank of Egypt (EBE)
- Clement Berthou, Societe Generale
- Caroline Brown, Wells Fargo Bank
- Bruno Campos, Bank of America
- Antonio Crespo, Nordea
- Alexia Dackberg, Swedbank
- Madlena Demirchian, Commerce Bank
- Natalie Harold, NatWest
- Christophe Hatt, BNP Paribas
- Aaron Jennings, BNY Mellon
- Elmira Jubanyshkaliyeva, Barclays
- Mukuka Bwalya-Katowa, FNB Zambia
- Zakir Khanmammadov, Kapital Bank
- Rufus Kin Yan Lam, HSBC
- Ryan Lastra, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Thao Hanh Le, ING Bank
- Yvonne Lim, UBS
- Aline Perico Lima, StoneX
- Sepideh Malekpour, Surecomp
- Jocelyn Tong-Palmer, ANZ Banking Group
- Pauline Pang, MUFG Bank
- Rachel Parks, Derivative Path, Inc.
- Abir Paul, BMO Capital Markets
- Sara Pianigiani, Standard Chartered
- Grzegorz Pojnar, Santander Bank
- Joshua Randolph, PNC Bank
- Theresa Donnelly-Staerk, Deloitte
- Xi-Ping Tan, Deutsche Bank
- Ruben Valentino, Banorte
- Mouli Vasan, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
BAFT is the leading international financial services association whose membership includes large global and regional banks, service providers, and fintech companies headquartered around the world. BAFT provides advocacy, thought leadership, education, and a global forum for its members in transaction banking, including international trade finance and payments. For nearly a century, BAFT has expanded markets, shaped policy, developed business solutions, and preserved the safety and soundness of the global financial system. Learn more at www.baft.org.
BAFT Media Contact:
+ 1 (202) 663-5468