WASHINGTON – BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, today announced the graduates of its Future Leaders Program class of 2021. The program – now completing its sixth year – recognizes upcoming leaders in the global transaction banking industry. The Future Leader graduates were honored during a virtual ceremony as a part of BAFT’s 2021 Annual Global Meeting.
Nominated by their respective institutions, the class of 2021 included 36 individuals from 21 countries across six continents representing a variety of disciplines within transaction banking. This year’s group was divided into five project teams to address current industry issues including transaction banking post COVID-19, commodity trade finance, sustainable finance, faster payments, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
“We are incredibly proud of this year’s graduates, which represent the largest and most geographically diverse Future Leaders class since the inception of the program,” said Tod Burwell, president and CEO, BAFT. “Despite the challenging circumstances, program participants were engaged and collaborative, and ultimately delivered projects that will enrich the transaction banking industry.”
The Future Leaders research papers are available for all BAFT members online here.
BAFT congratulates the following graduates from the Class of 2021.
- Hanan Hassan Moalim Ali, International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation
- Yaseen Alsharif, Arab Bank
- Hanna G. Atallah, Housing Bank for Trade and Finance
- Linda Bader, Wintrust Financial Corporation
- Boris Bajic, Danske Bank
- Thomas Banks, Lloyds Banking Group
- Ahmed Bayoumi, Export Development Bank of Egypt (EBE)
- Clement Berthou, Societe Generale
- Caroline Brown, Wells Fargo Bank
- Bruno Campos, Bank of America
- Antonio Crespo, Nordea
- Alexia Dackberg, Swedbank
- Madlena Demirchian, Commerce Bank
- Natalie Harold, NatWest
- Christophe Hatt, BNP Paribas
- Aaron Jennings, BNY Mellon
- Elmira Jubanyshkaliyeva, Barclays
- Mukuka Bwalya-Katowa, FNB Zambia
- Zakir Khanmammadov, Kapital Bank
- Rufus Kin Yan Lam, HSBC
- Ryan Lastra, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Thao Hanh Le, ING Bank
- Yvonne Lim, UBS
- Aline Perico Lime, StoneX
- Sepideh Malekpour, Surecomp
- Jocelyn Tong-Palmer, ANZ Banking Group
- Pauline Pang, MUFG Bank
- Rachel Parks, Derivative Path, Inc.
- Abir Paul, BMO Capital Markets
- Sara Pianigiani, Standard Chartered
- Grzegorz Pojnar, Santander Bank
- Joshua Randolph, PNC Bank
- Theresa Donnelly-Staerk, Deloitte
- Xi-Ping Tan, Deutsche Bank
- Ruben Valentino, Banorte
- Mouli Vasan, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
BAFT is the leading international financial services association whose membership includes large global and regional banks, service providers, and fintech companies headquartered around the world. BAFT provides advocacy, thought leadership, education, and a global forum for its members in transaction banking, including international trade finance and payments. For nearly a century, BAFT has expanded markets, shaped policy, developed business solutions, and preserved the safety and soundness of the global financial system. Learn more at www.baft.org.
BAFT Media Contact:
Director, Public Relations
+ 1 (202) 663-5468