WASHINGTON — BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, has announced that Suresh Subramanian of BNP Paribas will serve as the chair of its board of directors for the 2023-2024 association year.
Suresh Subramanian is managing director and head of transaction banking for the Americas at BNP Paribas. Based in New York, Suresh is responsible for business strategy, product management and sales across North and South America.
“After many years of service to the BAFT board of directors, I am honored to continue that work as chair for the upcoming association year,” Subramanian said. “I look forward to collaborating with my fellow officers and board members as we work to advance the goals and priorities of the transaction banking industry.”
Suresh has held several roles throughout his 30-year tenure with BNP Paribas including lead positions in New York, Paris and India for transaction and corporate banking. He also serves on several boards and committees within the bank, including as a member of the Leadership Committee for CIB Americas, a member of the Global Strategic Board for Transaction Banking and Correspondent Banking, a member of the Asset and Liability Committee for CIB Americas, and the Executive Champion for the bank’s Asian Business Networking Group.
BAFT board officers include:
- Vice Chair: Nick Smit, ING
- Secretary / Treasurer: Michelle Knowles, ABSA
Other directors include:
- Maram Al-Jazireh, Arab Bank
- Eddy Almonte, Bank of America
- Rana Beydoun, Commerical Bank of Dubai
- Tod Burwell (CEO), BAFT
- Dyanne Carenza, Scotiabank
- Mark Doctoroff, MUFG
- Derryn Faure, Investec
- Jean-Francois Mazure, Societe Generale
- Patrick Havander, Visa
- Darryl Hendricks, UBS
- Maurice Iskander, Banque Libano-Française
- Ayaz Kamlani, First Abu Dhabi Bank
- John Kinyangi, Standard Bank Group
- George Lee, Standard Chartered Bank
- Sriram Muthukrishnan, DBS Bank
- Miriam Ratkovicova, Deloitte
- Amy Sahm, Fulton Bank
- Sabry Salman, Barclays
- Karin Walchshofer, BMO (Bank of Montreal)
- Peter Zotos, JPMorgan Chase
- Aaron Zynczak, First Citizens Bank
BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, helps bridge solutions across financial institutions, service providers and the regulatory community that promote sound financial practices enabling innovation, efficiency, and commercial growth. BAFT engages on a wide range of topics affecting transaction banking, including trade finance, payments, and compliance. The association website is www.baft.org.