Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF)
CITF is an ICC industry recognized credential across the world. It will enhance your credibility with clients and give them the trust and comfort that you can do your job effectively. Qualify yourself for senior trade finance positions at leading banks and financial institutions where the CITF is often a pre-requisite for the job.
About the Qualification
CITF is aimed at all professionals who are looking to develop their knowledge of trade finance.
Supported by BAFT, the Certificate in International Trade Finance (CITF) is a professional qualification recognized worldwide as a benchmark of competence for international trade practitioners. It provides you, as a trade export and commodity specialist, with a thorough understanding of international trade procedures, practices, and legislation.
The CITF program has been developed by The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) and industry experts and is managed in partnership with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
The Certified Trade Finance Professional (CTFP) will give students an in-depth knowledge of trade finance products. Using detailed case studies (28 in total) and an emphasis on real-world scenarios, this intensive online programme focuses on key trade finance products, techniques and compliance issues.
The industry-validated syllabus was developed by a group of 13 leading trade finance experts drawn from ICC’s Banking Commission. Each e-course has been tailor-made to develop the skills needed to sell, deliver and process global trade finance solutions.
Purpose of the Qualification
Why study the LIBF Level 3 Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF)?
The Certificate in International Trade and Finance – CITF®, develops the appropriate technical knowledge and skills required to enable you to apply that knowledge.
to situations within the workplace. The qualification provides a core understanding of the products, documents, trade terms, roles and responsibilities that underpin international trade and finance. In addition to this core knowledge, CITF® helps you to develop a basic understanding of fraud prevention and risk in terms of trade finance. The qualification also develops an understanding of contemporary international trade and finance topics such as sustainability, digital disruption and innovation, ensuring that students have relevant and up-to-date knowledge for the industry.
CITF® develops your understanding of the main principles associated with international trade and finance and harnesses your ability to apply some of these principles in relevant case study scenarios.
Key content areas Listed below are some of the main content areas that are covered within this qualification:
- The international trade environment.
- Parties involved in international trade and finance and their roles.
- Documents used in international trade and the Incoterms® 2020 rules.
- Trade-based financial crime compliance.
- Methods of settlement.
- Documentary collections.
- Documentary credits
- Guarantees and standby letters of credit.
- Principles of Supply Chain Finance.
- Other forms of finance.
- Export credit insurance.
- Foreign exchange risk management
- Digital disruption and innovation.
- LO1 Understand the key principles and groups of international trade finance and the roles and responsibilities of the various parties involved.
- LO2 Understand and interpret the different methods of settlement and the rules that govern international trade.
- LO3 Understand and interpret the various methods of financing international trade.
- LO4 Understand and interpret the different documents used in international trade and their purposes.
- LO5 Understand the impact of digitization on international trade and finance.
Key Skills Developed
The qualification will encourage you to:
- understand the processes involved in each type of international trade product, the risks involved, and the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in international trade transactions.
- develop an understanding of current technical language, methods and practices of international trade and finance.
- select and interpret international trade and finance products and services and reflect upon their desirability and effectiveness in a variety of scenarios.
- understand and interpret how international trade finance products respond to the drivers and implications of changes in the wider international environment and how these changes affect decision-making.
- increase your ability to work and learn independently
Achieving CITF allows you to add the professional designation ‘CITF’ after your name, improving your career and promotion prospects.
To register for the CITF program, click the button below.
*Link will redirect you to LIBF to complete registration and payment.
Who can earn credits?
Holders of the following certificates from the London Institute of Banking and Finance’s
How to get started?
Send an email to [email protected] with your request for recertification and attach a scanned copy of your previous certification. Once approved, our support team will provide the necessary information to begin your studies.
If you are a CDCS or CSDG holder:
Earn 36 professional development units towards your recertification requirements upon successful completion of the CITF’s core e-courses.
If you are a GTC holder:
Earn 36 professional development units towards your recertification requirements upon successful completion of the CITF’s core e-courses PLUS one elective.
Online access to study texts is available immediately after registration has been completed. The study text contains review questions and activities to support your learning. A specimen paper is also provided to test your learning. A hardcopy version of the textbook can be purchased for £40 + postage and will be available from the end of May.
200 study hours are recommended. Typically the course will take around 26 weeks to complete, studying up to 7 hours a week.
ELECTIVES (SELECT ONE)
60 Minute Exam
Access to core e-course only
Access to core e-courses and one elective
*Link will redirect you to the ICC Academy to complete registration & payment