Future Leaders Program
BAFT Future Leaders Program
Launched in 2015, BAFT organized a program to support the identification and development of the next generation of leadership in transaction banking. The BAFT Future Leaders Program demonstrates that a collaborative industry approach to talent recognition and development provides individual, organizational and industry value.
What is the Mission of the Future Leaders Program?
The mission of the Program is to engage future leaders in solving common industry challenges. Program objectives include:
- Recognizing rising talent in the transaction banking industry
- Forming guidance on industry issues from the perspective of future leaders
- Building a network of young leaders that will lead the next generation
- Providing future leaders exposure to current transaction banking industry leaders
- Creating a pipeline of talent that will contribute to industry issues through BAFT
What does the Program Consist of?
- 30 – 35 nominees from around the world will arrange in small working teams and engage in a [virtual] group project to solve current industry related challenges
- Working groups will receive guidance and mentorship by one member of the BAFT Board of Directors and one prior BAFT Future Leader Alumni
- Future Leaders will be able to further their cross-banking relationships and industry knowledge by being invited to attend BAFTs most prestigious conferences and events
- During such events, candidates will present their working group projects, presentations, and/or whitepapers to the most prominent and respected bankers in the industry
- Graduation Reception and Award Ceremony held in their honor at the BAFT Global Annual Meeting (registration is included)
- Future Leaders have access to one free BAFT Education Certificate of their choosing NEW
- Opportunity to remain a vital member of the BAFT community and viewed as a thought leader within the industry
Nominating an Individual from Your Institution
All BAFT Member Organizations are eligible to propose up to 2 candidates for the program. The target participant:
- Minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 years of transaction banking experience
- Manager must support candidate spending 2-4 hours per week on virtual project work
- High performer with high potential, and has demonstrated leadership ability
- Interested in engaging on broader industry issues
- Self-starters who work will in teams and cross-functionally
- Must have a role in, or directly supporting, transaction banking
- Should be available to attend the program kickoff in London, UK at the BAFT Europe Bank to Bank Forum during January 2023 and the graduation in San Francisco, California during the summer of 2023 (or virtual event) as well as other events outlined prior to acceptance
NEW – The BAFT Future Leaders Program costs $2,500 USD per accepted candidate. This fee includes multiple conference registrations, a complimentary certification, amongst a host of other benefits. In addition to the Program fee, the nominating organization should expect to cover all travel related expenses for their candidate(s) to attend BAFT’s flagship conferences in Europe and the United States.
Participants must be nominated by their respective institution, which includes the organizational support to participate in the program’s projects and attend the requisite meetings.
Candidates will complete a group project that requires collaboration and teamwork. Projects will be supported by mentors from the BAFT Board of Directors. We encourage participants to engage in BAFT Committees and Working Groups, and attend webinars in support of their project. We expect the projects will not encroach on normal work deliverables, but commitment to participate is crucial.
A task force comprised of BAFT staff, board members, and past graduates of the program will select group project topics. The projects will seek to address common industry challenges leveraging the fresh perspective that future leaders bring, while also integrating current BAFT work streams where applicable. Previous years projects maybe found here.
- Applications will be sent to BAFT member organization’s “primary contact” August 2022
- For inquires please write to [email protected]
- Have a project you wish Future Leaders would work on? Please send you ideas to [email protected]