Call for Speakers, Now Open!
We are soliciting dynamic and engaging speakers to be a part of the 2023 BAFT Trade Finance Workshop to be held June 22 – 23 in 4 separate locations that are joined virtually. Session proposals will close December 15, 2022.
BAFT Trade Finance Workshop of the year will be held June 22-23, 2023, and delves into the latest developments impacting the documentary credit world.
The two-day event will be simultaneously in 3 separate physical location and virtually. Those locations are Los Angeles, New York and Toronto. Led by the BAFT Chairs of the Standby Letter of Credit/Guarantee and the Commercial Letters of Credit Committees, the program will cover the latest updates in the letters of credit space. It also discusses the rapidly developing global trade environment affecting our industry, and features a broad range of speakers from the transaction banking community specialized in trade finance, and the issues impacting operations.
Who Will Attend
- Financial services employees involved in the preparation of demand guarantees, letters of credit, standby letters of credit, and trade finance documentation
- Bankers involved in documentary credit transactions, international services, international trade, trade finance operations, trade product management, trade relationship management, and supply chain finance
- Financial institution lead or support staff covering anti-money laundering (AML), combating the financing of terrorism (CFT), financial crime compliance (FCC), and trade-based money laundering (TBML)
- Corporates, importers, exporters, brokers, providers and/or suppliers involved in trade operations and document preparations who want a deeper dive in trade finance related topics
Seeking Speakers for the Following Sessions:
- Technology and innovation in the operations space
- Regulatory, compliance and risk
- Operations, case studies
- All sessions should be between 20 – 45 minutes in length, depending on format.
- Case studies and technical session proposals are encouraged. Proposals with intent or perceived to sell a specific product or service will not be accepted.
- We encourage a diverse group of speakers – expertise, organization, regional representation, etc. for all sessions.
- Selected speakers will receive a discounted registration rate to attend the conference in-person. Speakers will be responsible for their travel arrangements and associated expenses, as needed. As this is an in-person event, preference will be given to sessions and speakers who can attend in-person, speakers will be able to participate virtually where necessary as determined by the BAFT planning committee for this event. .
Proposals will be reviewed by the BAFT Planning Committee. Session and/or speaker proposals could be adjusted by the steering committee to fit the workshop program and audience. Submitters of selected proposals will be contacted no later than January 15, 2023.
For inquiries or additional information, please contact [email protected].