Search for resources on this topic by using the search box below.
Trade Finance and Supply Chain Finance
As a worldwide forum for analysis, discussion, and advocacy in international financial services, BAFT provides support to members that are active in trade finance, supply chain finance, credit insurance, and export credits.
Specifically, BAFT is the voice for the global trade finance community. In addition to tracking strategic global trade policy developments, BAFT provides practical guidance papers and tools including standardized legal documentation as well as a forum for discussion on topical trade finance challenges.
BAFT tracks and delivers thought leadership, best practices, training and education, and connects the global community of trade practitioners.
The State of Trade Technology
The influx of new and innovative technologies has given rise to a variety of initiatives in banking and trade finance to support digital acceleration, collaboration, rising compliance requirements, and improving processes to increase efficiencies. Banks are also contending with mounting ESG expectations as well as the continued challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We wanted to know where are we now, and where are we going? With this in mind, BAFT and CGI asked for member input on financial institution technology priorities.
This on-demand webinar featuring BAFT, CGI, National Bank of Canada, and Scotiabank discusses the survey results, providing current insights from banks on the state of technology in trade and the criticality of future innovation investments.
- Global Trade Industry Council (GTIC)
- Commercial Letters of Credit Committee
- Supply Chain Finance Committee
- Standby Letters of Credit and Demand Guarantees Committee
- Structured Trade and Export Finance Committee
- Trade Compliance Committee
- Trade Finance Committee
- Review of standardized trade finance documentation to address market changes, i.e., replacement of reference rates post LIBOR
- Digitizing delivery of trade products and instruments
- Providing guidance on trade industry best practices