The BAFT Financial Crime Compliance Workshop – UAE is an all-day deep dive training on financial crime topics, with special focus on sanctions and correspondent banking.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will:
- Understand the evolution of economic sanctions programs, which have become more complex over time, and offer strategies to protect against inadvertent and deliberate evasions of sanctions regime requirements, as well as consider controls to mitigate the risk of sanctions breaches.
- Learn about the importance of AML National Risk Assessment as key process and document to prepare for FATF Mutual Evaluation Assessment, and steps to conduct a proper assessment.
- Enable bankers and compliance personnel to understand the regulatory requirements regarding customer identification and due diligence.
- Understand recent developments in governance and optimization of automated transaction monitoring systems for both AML/CFT and sanctions compliance, as well as the importance of the client name screening.
- Get an update on what’s happening in the industry, with special focus on the region, resulting in de-risking of accounts.
- Learn about the new BAFT Respondents’ Playbook. The playbook documents expectations of correspondent banks and best practices for respondent banks, which if properly implemented, should result in new or retain existing relationships.
Accredited for ACAMS and CDCS Credits
Attendees to this event are eligible for 6.0 CAMS credits and 6.0 CPD credits for CDCS Recertification.
Venue and Hotel Information
The Financial Crime Compliance Workshop – Abu Dhabi will be held at the Abu Dhabi Global Market Academy (Al Maqam Tower, 20th floor, ADGM Square, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE). BAFT does not have a block of rooms reserved for this event. However, below is a list of hotels close to our workshop venue.
Register for the Financial Crime Compliance Workshop
Two ways to register
- Online, by clicking the button below.
- Download and complete the registration form.
Registration for this event is closed.