On January 13, 2020, BAFT announced the Future Leaders Program class of 2020, with 32 individuals from member institutions representing 14 different countries.
WASHINGTON — BAFT, the leading global trade association for transaction banking, announced today its Future Leaders Program Class of 2020. The program – now in its fifth year – recognizes upcoming leaders in the transaction banking industry.
Nominated by their respective institutions, the class of 2020 includes 32 individuals from 14 countries across a variety of disciplines within transaction banking. There are seven member institutions participating for the first time in 2020. This year’s group will be divided into four project teams to address current industry issues including the impacts of SWIFTgpi, the profitability of sustainable finance, IBOR transitions and faster payments systems.
“BAFT is proud to welcome yet another impressive class of transaction banking professionals to the Future Leaders program,” said Tod Burwell, president and CEO, BAFT. “It’s an honor to be recognized by your institution as a leader in the industry, and we look forward to supporting program participants as they work together to address some of the most pressing issues facing transaction banking.”
The class of 2020 will begin the program at BAFT’s Global Annual Meeting-Europe in Frankfurt, Germany and will conclude in May at the BAFT 2020 North America Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida. Several future leader council members will support the current class as mentors, joining BAFT board members who will again serve as project sponsors.
BAFT congratulates the following individuals who were selected to this year’s program:
- Suzan Al (Imam) Husseini, Arab Bank
- Caitlin Blasi, CoBank
- Carine Cremona, Banque Libano Francaise
- Carla Dodds, Banco Santander
- Fadel Elassa, Standard Chartered Bank
- Maria I Galvez, BBVA
- Brian Goldwasser, Commerzbank
- Andrew Hale, ANZ Banking Group
- David Hehlen, UBS
- Lewis Heptonstall, Wells Fargo Bank
- Adrian Hofer, Credit Suisse
- Venkata P Javaji, Visa
- Tarun Khosla, Citibank
- Kamna Krishnan, BMO
- Alfred Lam, Shanghai Commercial Bank
- Jing Wei Joel Lim, Bank of America
- Steven Liu, HSBC
- Lynn Malka, J.P. Morgan
- Tania Markovic, Royal Bank of Canada
- Lee Phahladira, Rand Merchant Bank
- Harro Prins, ING Bank
- Luis Quilico, UniCredit
- Alexander Rakhmanin, Société Générale
- Yasminie Ramos, Barclays
- Harsh Shah, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics
- Terence Tan, BNY Mellon
- Akshat Tiwari, MUFG
- Huy Tran, BNP Paribas
- Niels Brand Van Duinen, INTL FCStone
- Michael Walker, Finastra
- Hebe Wildi, Lloyds Banking Group
- Hoor Yar, Deutsche Bank
Learn more about BAFTs Future Leader Program here.