WASHINGTON — BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, today announced the launch of its new Certificate in Advanced Trade Finance (CATF) which will offer an in-depth overview of the trade finance business, supply chain finance, cross-border risk, and liquidity solutions. This is a level II certificate, tailored to those with more than three years of trade finance experience.
This on-demand course, available through BAFT’s Learning Management System, will cover 11 modules that focus on a range of advanced trade finance topics, including:
- Managing and mitigating emerging market and other cross-border risks;
- Understanding the links between supply chain finance and procurement;
- Understanding inventory finance;
- Secondary markets, insurance and asset distribution in trade and supply chain finance;
- Advanced financial crimes, compliance and fraud in supply chain finance;
- Digital trade and trade financing;
- Best practices in trade and supply chain finance operations;
- ESG and sustainable trade finance;
- Deep-tier supply chain finance and addressing the trade finance gap;
- Nonbank providers of trade and supply chain finance; and
- Trade finance and supply chain finance from the corporate and commercial practitioners’ point of view.
“BAFT is dedicated to promoting best practices in international transaction banking and serving as a trusted authority within the industry,” said Scott Stevenson, Senior Vice President of Trade for BAFT. “CATF reflects this commitment by offering a curriculum that is both relevant and up-to-date, exceptional in quality of content and delivery, and ensures participants are well prepared to navigate the complexities of the global trade landscape.”
The courses will be led by Craig Weeks, an independent banking consultant with more than 30 years of experience in trade finance, supply chain, and transacting banking operations, and Alexander Malaket, a consultant in international trade, trade financing, trade-related international development and sustainability/ESG.
The course will take between 12 to 15 hours of study to complete and participants must pass a final assessment to be certified.